SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cgoss52

Current opinion of Jeld-Wen Siteline and or their Custom line

Xty G (z4)
8 years ago

We need to replace about half of the windows in our 80's built modest ranch house. We replaced the other half during our original remodel 10 years ago with Jeld-wen custom aluminum clad windows. The have held up pretty well, other than some mold problems from condensation here and there, especially on the window over our kitchen sink. The rest of the the windows left over from when the house was originally built are shot.

We live at 6000 feet in altitude in Wyoming and have very cold winters and summers with a high of 90+ in July during the day. Frost and condensation seem impossible to avoid even with the highest end windows, from the opinion of my father-in-law who is a local, high-end architect.

We figured we would just go with Jeld-Wen again, but I have been reading a lot of poor feelings toward Jeld-Wen on this forum, although most of the threads are from 2013 and earlier.
Does anyone have an opinion that is more current?

I will probably also search out Kolbe and Marvin for some quotes too. We don't need super high end windows, but we do want them to last for 20 years, plus, if possible.

Comments (12)