grieving

azbmxdonut

I lost my 33 year old son to cancer it has been almost 2 years he has a wife and 3 kids she just started dating this guy from group I don't know how to deal with it I feel like I just lost my son all over again

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zippity1

be proud of your daughter in law pray that she will choose a life mate worthy to raise your grandchildren pray that you will receive relief from the pain you are still feeling and go out and get busy, find a new distractions and live your life the way you know your son would want you too

Save     Thanked by azbmxdonut
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I'm so sorry.

Remember that second marriages don't replace first marriages & that young women, especially those with children to raise, naturally want a partner.

For many widows, especially, I think, young ones, the loss of their children's father is a devastating blow.

Thank goodness this young mother can still find room in her life for the potential for happiness with a partner, for love, for whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

Zippity made an excellent point in that your son would want you to live a full & satisfying life.

Wouldn't he also want his wife to have a happy life?

Wouldn't he want his kids to have a father figure who loves them?

Celebrate life's capacity for joy, & keep on loving the woman your son loved, & keep on loving your grandchildren & being a cheerful, supportive presence in their lives.

& take care of yourself.

I wish you the very best.

1 Like Save     Thanked by azbmxdonut
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 10 Ways to Honor and Remember a Departed Loved One at Home
Help the grieving process and keep beautiful memories alive with these thoughtful tributes
Full Story
Life 10 Ways to Cope With Grief During the Holidays
If you are experiencing loss, take it from an experienced griever — life has changed forever, but it does get better
Full Story
Life 10 Ways to Work Through Grief Triggers During the Holidays
A year after losing her sister, she was facing another holiday. Here’s how one woman learned to find joy again
Full Story