SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

What do you think of this as a backsplash? (Narrowing it down)

CJ Mac
8 years ago

This is the same post as I just posted in Design Dilemma.

Okay, went to the tile emporium again and took pictures with larger samples of American Olean Manor Gray PZ94 (http://americanolean.com/series.cfm?series=162). They let us take home 2 large samples too. So the first pic is at the store and the 2nd one at home under natural daylight. (LED lights not installed yet. Wondering if our electrician is still alive.)

Lighting is truer here, although the variations in the tile seem to be more obvious in a photo than in person. But there ARE definite variations.

Once again keeping in mind that this is the look I want: 6x6 on the diagonal.

Backsplash ideas · More Info

The tile designer thinks the AO great and I think she's starting to think less of me because I'm timid about having the two patterns together. I've been a one pattern and everything else solid kind of woman--but I'm trying to be more adventurous. And I have seen how the solid ceramic tile looks pretty dull.

Cinar Interiors: she said yes, these are the kind that fit together with just a 1/16" grout line. She suggested "linen." (You can see the sample in both pics.)

BTW, this is one of those places where all the local businesses get their tile. Is it better to order directly from them and have their list of contractors--with the disclaimer that they're not saying anything about the quality of the work or that one is better than another--or go to one of the smaller places we've visited that has their own team? One woman was very friendly and said they had a great team of installers. She said she could help with this AO tile.

Comments (12)