SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
legomom23

What do you do in the evening for fun?

legomom23
8 years ago

I am in a bad rut. Through the winter all I wanted to do was come home from work and sit with a glass of wine and my computer. But this is what I do most days at work - minus the wine :) I haven't been able to get out of the rut!

I work with DH so see him most of the day. DS is almost 14 and his evening free time is mostly spent with friends and his newest hobby he is passionate about.

Our adult aged nephew is living with us and he likes to cook so he does that several nights a week. Of course some of the normal laundry, house stuff takes up some time, but I've found myself with lots of free hours between 4 and 10 that I need to fill in a more fun, active, productive way than I am currently.

I don't like group exercise classes really. I walk the dog usually about 1/2 hour or so, but I need more physical activity. I have a steady volunteer gig but that is during the days. I have one group of friends that meet once a month for dinner. Most of my friends have children that are still active outside of the house so their evenings are still consumed with driving and watching their events. DH is currently gone two evenings for 3 plus hours. DS and I usually go out to dinner one of those.

Basically I'm bored several evenings a week and I need a hobby, but nothing sounds fun to me right now. So, what do you do in the evenings that might spark an interest for me. Help!

Comments (32)