SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Shark Lift-Away Vacuum Models

Tmnca
8 years ago

So after spending hours reading about and trying to figure out the differences between the bewildering array of models, I thought I'd settled on the Rotator Lift Away Speed (special package on the Shark website with extra accessories). But then I discovered that it's not compatible with the powered Truepet upholstery tool (I was confused by the inclusion of a "pet tool" but it turns out it's just a lint brush type attachment not a powered turbine hand tool).

To be compatible with that tool, I think I have to get the Truepet Rotator Lift Away... but that model is nearly 16lbs and the Speed is 13lbs, which is the reason I chose it in the first place.

There are also only certain models compatible with the multi-angle dusting brush which is important to me, because I like to dust everything with the vacuum. The Rotator models were all compatible with this tool.

I'm pregnant and on lifting restrictions, DH is doing a lot of housework but I'd like to be able to vacuum and dust with the vacuum once in a while!

So I guess my questions are:

1. If you have the Truepet model, do you find it lighter and easier to use than other vacuums?

2. How useful is the powered turbine hand tool? We have 3 cats but a leather sofa, a microfiber chaise (these do not accumulate cat hair) but our dining chairs are fabric.

3. Tell me about your Shark Lift Away model and what you like and don't like about it!

Comments (3)