SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

My Shark Rocket review

Alisande
7 years ago

My Shark Rocket arrived yesterday. I've decided to use it upstairs instead of the attic because it can clean under the beds. But first I tried it out downstairs.

Some thoughts:

It really is lightweight. Feels self-propelled on rugs, similar to the Shark Navigators, but the self-propulsion seems even more pronounced.

It has LED headlights on the floor nozzle and the hand vac. I didn't expect to get very excited about vacuum cleaner headlights, but these really lit things up, illuminating dark corners that I've obviously been missing. Who knew pet hair and cobwebs were lurking against the wall under my desk?

Those headlights sent me on a cleaning binge. I don't often have cleaning binges.

The removable hand vac is powerful. I look forward to attacking the attic stairs, where cat litter always collects. No previous hand vac has done a decent job on it.

As expected, the dust cup is smaller than the Navigators'. But it's easy to empty. You can easily remove it from the hand vac, or empty it while it's still attached.

When fully assembled (easy to do), the Rocket can't stand up by itself. So if you want to pause for a minute to move a piece of furniture or whatever you have to lean it against something. However, when you finish vacuuming it stores nicely with the hand vac removed from the top and hung near the bottom (see my photo). You can also hang the assembled unit from a wall mount that's supplied.

The combination of the hand vac plus the crevice tool was dynamite in a number of spots, but taking the on-board tools off and putting them on can make their holder slide up and down the tube. A mild annoyance, and I'll start holding on to the holder to prevent this.

The appliance wand sounds like a great idea: It's a long, angled, flattened tube you can slide under appliances to clean the floor and (when the wand is turned over) the underside of the appliance itself. But there's no way it can get under my fridge, and although it slid under the stove easily, it took me forever to get it back out. Not trying that again! I might find other uses for the tool though.

The regular floor nozzle went easily under the living room chairs. Nice!

I can see why this vacuum has a ton of positive reviews on Amazon.

Comments (14)