SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

What would you do about uppers in this layout?

Because of my big walk in pantry (FINALLY!) I won't really need many uppers. Due to some input from GW I found a plan that allows for 2 walls with Windows in the kitchen.

I do want the uppers on that lone cabinet across from the peninsula as that will be my breakfast station, hidden coffee makers, toaster and glasses and mugs above.

I want a cabinet above fridge as I think it needs that to allow for the panel on the side to give a kind of built in look. So uppers along the rest of that wall seem like a good solution for that wall. I ran uppers straight to the end and didn't do a corner or angled front cabinet. I did these cabinets all the way down to countertop to house stuff like mixers, juicer, blenders etc. I can also just put that stuff in pantry but I do think I'd use the mixer more if it was easy to access.

On the sink wall I don't know if I want the one in the corner to the left of sink or not. I do want somewhere to have cookbooks and maybe display a bit of my pottery collection so that is what is represented by the bookshelf thing on the wall to right of sink.

I do not like open shelving at all. For cookbooks or display it's needed but I wouldn't want them anywhere else. We have 10 dogs and you wouldn't believe the nightmare dog hair and cooking grease can create!

Comments (21)