SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Is It Too Early to Wear White in the South?

LynnNM
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Out here in New Mexico we are much more laid back about what we wear than Back East and in the South. Don't get me wrong, I know how to dress nicely and have many appropriate outfits for any occasion, but I'm fretting a bit about our 4-day trip to Nashville this coming Thursday. We'll be staying at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Conference Center for a medical conference there.

I've pulled out all my Spring and Summer clothes and shoes. And then, I've splurged on several new outfits. A darling light blue & white print kind-of sundress, which is sleeveless but not as casual as many can be. I bought it specifically to wear with a very special aquamarine dinner ring, necklace and earrings that I recently inherited from my mother, as I didn't have really anything that color. Question: Is it too early to wear dressy white flats or sandals with it? And please don't suggest any heels, as I seriously can't wear anything higher that 1 1/2" max.

I have a couple of new gauzy jackets (soft, feminine, unlined, floral) that I want to wear over pretty camisoles and nice dress slacks with the slim legs. And, yes, I have slender hips, bottom and legs, so I won't embarrass myself (LOL). Both would look fine with either my black pair or my new cream colored pair. Question: Would I look out of place wearing the cream slacks now? And if so, would my cream Chanel bag be ok this early in the season?

I usually don't fret about this kind of thing, but you ladies in the South seem to be more proper about what you wear. Two years ago this month we vacationed at The Breakers in Palm Beach and white was already being worn everywhere there . . . but that's South Florida.

So, I need opinions . . . and quickly (please)!

Comments (34)