SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Spring is fully here - how is your herb garden?

Lars
8 years ago

Bernard was here for the last three weeks of March, and he helped me with some of my herbs; I will show the new sprouts later. Here's what I already had:

Group view of most of my herbs that are close to the patio door, for easy access.
Oregano from last year (plus two new chili plants). The oregano produced well all winter and now is growing even stronger.
Tomato that grew from seeds, but I don't remember which seeds I planted. There is also something that looks like a weed next to it, but Bernard said he thought it was camomile, although the flowers do not look right for that to me. It doesn't taste like anything either.
Another random tomato plant with sorrel that is now fairly large. This pot used to have a large basil plant in it (and that is still growing), but I had added tomato and sorrel seeds to it. I really like the sorrel but tend to just eat it off the plant. I think I have enough now to make something with it, but I'm not sure what.

I saw that Ann has already harvested rhubarb (which I've never had), and so I thought that many of you must have herbs that are flourishing now also. My orchid cactus flowers opened today as well.

Comments (32)