SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dollfanz

Son Got Engaged, wedding planning not going well

dollfanz
8 years ago

My 34 year old son finally got engaged for the first time to a lovely girl. I have only met her once as they both live in another city. Since the engagement, the wedding planning for them has not gone well. I know this is normal but every detail seems to come with problems.

At first it was the money. So my husband and I gave them pretty much all the money they need for the wedding. Then they couldn't agree on the venue. She finally won that one out.

Now my son doesn't want pretty much any of my family there. So basically we are paying for a wedding for 150 people and he doesn't want to invite any of my family.

Mind you my family is small. 15 people. Which again we are paying for. So I told him fine. Invite who you want.

That was the end of the phone call. He just texted me and said he was returning our money tomorrow. I texted back, fine. That was it. I don't know where things will go from here. I can tell you my son is a bit of a control freak.

I really feel bad because we sent this money, not really being able to afford it but wanted to help take the stress off of the 2 of them. But him not inviting my family is terrible. It would cause so much pain and chaos in our small family if they weren't invited. I don't know what to do.

Maybe I'm not even invited anymore. Who knows.

Comments (5)