SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vtandrea

Need second opinion

vtandrea
8 years ago

Recently I posted photos of my budded maxillaria and angraecum magdelenae. The maxillaria has 5 flowers and I'm enjoying the coconut fragrance very much! However, I need some ideas on why the lowest leaves on the angraecum keep turning yellow. I'd read that this type needs lots of humidity and moisture so I'd been misting it daily and watering it twice a week. Removing the lower leaves once they turn yellow means I'm in danger of it turning into a telephone pole, but I can't stand looking at them. So I unpotted it today and discovered what--to me, at least--look like big fat healthy roots. The topmost ones are a little dried out, but all the rest look great. I carefully dug out loose bark medium and soaked the orchid in water + Superthrive. I plan to repot it but want opinions on whether it needs a larger pot or just keep it in the current one, which is admittedly very tight. I know this type dislikes its roots being disturbed so I may lose it anyway. And should I keep putting the water to it? Here are some photos:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH