SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefandl

Drip Irrigation :: I'm new at this!

8 years ago

Hi everyone, I was hoping for some guidance. As a California transplant in Pacific NW, I'm afraid my gardening skills stopped at succulents. But we are hoping to jump into the vegetable gardening world, especially now our kids are interested. We have built a raised 8'x4' square foot garden bed. I set up the drip irrigation today but this is where I'm confused. I added 1/4" emitter lines spaced every 6" and they attach to 1/2" tubing on either end of the 4' sides. The drip line has the pre-poked holes every 12". The issue I am having is, though the bed seems well covered (or maybe I'm wrong), the drip just.... drips into one spot. The soil never really gets damp anywhere else. I let it run for half an hour to see if anything would spread and it just sort of dripped in the same zone over and over and finally just started making a pit in that spot. I have attached a couple of pictures of what I'm talking about. Have I done this completely wrong or am I simply missing something? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (4)