SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Now for the LeGrice roses...

bethnorcal9
8 years ago

Ok Zuzu, I don't think Sara-Ann did a thread on the LeGrice roses. At least I don't remember us doing it? So here are mine...

AMBERLIGHT - still a really short little thaing... never seems to get much taller than 2ft, and spreads about the same. Love the amber-butterscotchy color.

DEB'S DELIGHT - another kinda shorty-one... not much taller than AMBERLIGHT, and this one's a Hortico Multiflora-grafted one whereas AMBERLIGHT was an own-root from Vintage. This rose blooms better tho.

GREY DAWN - a little taller than the other two. Love the weirdo colors. Not a real great rebloomer. But gotta have it for the oddball bed!

JOCELYN - another oddball... I hadn't realized the LeGrices did so many of them... Love the rusty-burgundy color. This poor thing got moved to the "other" oddball bed a few yrs ago, and it hasn't done much. I need to go check and make sure it hasn't deceased... (auuuggghhh!!)

LAVENDER LADY... believe it or not... I found this girl as a bagged bareroot at the Chico Raley's supermarket over 15yrs ago.. She's a lovely thing. Grows to almost 4ft some yrs and blooms decently.

MY CHOICE - love this one! Grows about 5ft x2ft. The blooms have such an interesting look to them. Almost scalloped, but just not quite.

NIMBUS - yet another oddball... One of the best ones of all the ones I have. Blooms a LOT! Lovely dusty mauve informal blooms that nod on a plant about 3ft x3ft.

RIPPLES - own root from Vintage... another shorty and not a great bloomer..

TOM BROWN - probably my very favorite of the bunch. I originally had it own root from Vintage yrs ago, but it died. Got this one from Cliff when he closed up. I think it was one of the mother plants. I planted it in the ground in the fall. Hasn't bloomed there yet. I love the range of browns, tans, apricots, greys, mauves and yellows it gets.

VESPER - another good one... Grows taller than most of them. Sometimes almost 5ft. Blooms well and they last a long time.

Comments (22)