SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_newport

Any idea what damaged my new tomato ?

Lisa 8b
8 years ago

Hey everyone. I know there is a Growing Tomatoes forum so if I should post there instead let me know please.

My first tomato to develop of the season was fine yesterday but today is cracked and has some sort of brown thing on it. It maybe eggs I think. I scraped it off and I see what appears to be eggs and I also saw a tiny bug show up .

Any idea what this is? Any idea what I should use to protect my tomatoes? I was prepared to battle birds not this. I have diatomaceous earth so maybe I can cover my tomato plant in it?

Here is a ( blurry ) picture of what it looks like before I scraped it to test what it maybe. It turns out that it's solid and thin. I was able to scrap it and I think I see eggs which look like seeds.

When I scrapped it , a tiny bug showed up on the side. It didn't come from the brown thing however. It crawled up from the left.

I zoomed in on the tomato but it's still difficult to see the bug. On sec the right side you can see what appear to be eggs.

Here is a better picture of the brown stuff after I scrapped it. You can see what looks like tiny eggs in it. The next picture , I used the Paint application to circle what appears as eggs to me.

Comments (9)