SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdew1920

Any ideas for my new deck (see my ugly deck here)

jdew1920
17 years ago

Ok - I have been trying to figure what to do with my deck. I have been having a hard time deciding what to do since there is also a raised concrete patio (8x18)adjacent to the house. Instead of rambling you can take a look at the pics for yourself.

{{!gwi}}

For one I need to do something with the patio. I was thinking of a stamped concrete overlay or possibly going over it with pavers - there is just enough room under the threshold to make that work. Any opinions on what to do with the patio?

Right now the current deck is kind of lifeless. I was thinking of doing a bumpout or partial octogon on the left side (when looking at the house) large enough for a table and chairs.

Beyond that I am in analysis paralysis and cant come up with something I like. Some issues I see are the basement window and water spigot adjacent to the current deck - should I move deck away from house to allow access in the area - I could even add a little landscaping between the deck and house for some interest. Level of patio vs deck - should the deck be at same level as patio like it is now?

I even kicked around the idea of doing a matching patio area on the right side (to match what ever we do on the existing patio) and only keeping a deck on the left side - maybe that would be too busy though.

Ideas, thoughts, and suggestions are welcome.

Comments (9)