SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sldurante

Faint straight line on my new quartz island. Any idea what it is?

Sandra Durante
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I just got my quartz countertops installed today. They are LG Viatera Soprano. I am happy to say I love them. The color / pattern is exactly what my sample represented (which I know is rare). I have one issue and question. The slab on my island has a faint straight line in it., probably about 5-6 inches in length. You can't see it all the time, its depends on where you stand and how the light hits it. I can't photograph it...it doesn't show up in pictures....but here's the best way I can describe it. The island is a rectangle. If you stand on the short side of the island you can definitely see it ...but you can not see it as much on the long side. It's not a scratch...I've rubbed my finger along it several times and I feel nothing. It almost seems like it is "in" the quartz if that makes any sense. I've heard of resin pooling before, but this clearly isn't that. It seems like a scratch or some sort of defect under the surface. Is that possible? The installers did use some cleaners on the surface before they left. Soft scrub and acetone in a few places (and now I have read acetone really isn't good) but I really do not think that caused this issue bc this is a perfectly straight line...a perfectly straight line wouldn't have been caused by a cleaner. It's not that noticeable, but it is close to the center of my island. I have a lot of counter space and island and a breakfast bar. so I spent quite a bit of $ on these counters. I guess my question is, is this possible and part of the variations that can happen in a manufactured stone like quartz? Not sure if it could be fixed....or if I would even want to mess with it and make it worse. Just trying to figure out what it is. Maybe one of you has experienced this? Am I being too picky?

Comments (40)