SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

Wondering about my spring flush

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am wondering if the lack of winter moisture has had an affect on my roses? The bushes themselves all look healthy, but they seem to be getting a slow start overall, as far as setting on buds. A few weeks ago I was all excited, because I already had quite a few rose buds, but for the most part the majority seem to be at a stand still. Earlier in the month, we got about four inches of rain in about a week's time, and I thought for sure that would help them, but then we had unrelenting wind for a week straight, and I'm sure they didn't like that at all. Now the winds have subsided, and we are supposed to get more rain today and this evening hopefully. I know this is all just mother nature, and usually my roses seem to withstand all she dishes out pretty well, but right now I don't feel overly optimistic that my spring flush will be that great.

I am trying not to be too upset about this, and hopefully it can be a learning experience, and I can be prepared in the future, in a similar situation. Then too, I keep thinking, maybe I'm just a bit over anxious. I know I'll have blooms, just not as many as I was anticipating, I don't think.

I would like to know what some of you have experienced over the years in different scenarios, as far as your spring flush, and maybe how I can remedy a situation like this.

I don't want to be too upset about this, because I know my roses are healthy. But, I do want to learn from it.

Comments (14)