SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalieb2270

My first ever spring flush!

natalieb2270
13 years ago

I'm not sure if Aloha is concidered an antique (and I know CL. Peace isn't), but since I have spent 90% of my time in this forum, and you all have been so wonderful and helpful to me, a second year gardener newbie, I wanted to share the fruits of my labor here with you. As some of you may remember, I bought my house as a forclosure, and the yard was barren, overgrown and just plain stinky. Well, it is definitely semi-respectable now, and I just had my first spring flush of roses! My DH, who usually only goes outside to mow the grass or have a smoke, was outside with my camera taking pictures of the roses!! YAY!! I feel like I just won the lottery with that haha. He is super stingy with money, and rightly so since we had been paying off my student loans (which we just fully paid off last month, YIPEE!), and now he may be more inclined to let me buy more roses!! He is even going to take me down to RU when we visit Asheville NC this June, haha I feel giddy right now :D Well, here are my pictures, enjoy!

My favorite place in the yard!

{{gwi:212186}}

Was thinking about shovel pruning my Climbing Peace's, they were my first rose purchase and didn't bloom once last year. Now I'm sure glad I didn't! This one is after our Nashville Storms

{{gwi:212188}}

Another after the storm

{{gwi:212190}}

This is the picture my husband took today :D

{{gwi:212192}}

Took these 2 this evening

{{gwi:212194}}

{{gwi:212196}}

And a photo of Aloha

{{gwi:212198}}

Thanks everyone, couldn't have done it without you all!

natalie

Comments (10)