SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaun_tanya

48" with 24" Griddle Rangetop Questions - Bluestar vs Wolf

Shaun and Tanya
8 years ago

Hello everyone... long time lurker and just now posting... we are building a new home and have come to a decision between Bluestar and Wolf for our rangetop. We had a few questions for you guys to see if we can get some help in making our decision. Hopefully some owners of this specific 48" with 24" griddle combination can chime in to give their assessment.

1. Will we really notice the difference between 20k and 22k BTU's (Wolf vs Bluestar respectively)? We do a lot of wok cooking so the open flame of the Bluestar appeals to us but we've never had anything but regular stoves in rental apartments (think glasstop GE)... we're thinking that we'd probably be happy with either but would we realistically see any difference between the burners?
  2. Wolf vs Bluestar Griddle... is one better than the other? As far as I can tell they both have the same BTU's but Wolf uses infrared... so would Wolf provide a more even heating surface and would it heat up faster?
  3. Customer Service... this is one area that I feel from what I've read, Wolf CS is vastly superior to BS. That being said, a lot of threads seem to be older... not sure if things have changed?
  4. Any other considerations between the two brands?

We're really torn between the two brands as they are both roughly the same price. We'd love to hear from actual owners as to what their experiences have been and why they chose what they did. If anyone has cooked on both (especially the griddle) we'd love to hear about which one you liked better too!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)