SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_952754132

Thermador Pro Grand, Wolf, or Bluestar 48 in all gas range?

Lisa
3 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I'm finally getting going on my dream kitchen reno after 12 years of dreaming and I'm finding myself really torn over these three brands for my dream range. For informational purposes, we can totally fit a 48 in range, and we've settled on the 48 in range as I really want that rangetop space and a griddle. I do not want wall ovens (no offense wall oven people) as we live in New England, lose power a lot, and I like the idea of being able to still use my oven if that happens.

I really love to cook (not a huge baker, but do on occasion) and I really love the "art & science" of cooking. I understand that the right hood is necessary for this type of range. Currently, I've been cooking on a regular little frigidaire gas range, and it's served it's purpose well, but now I'm ready to upgrade.

The three particular ranges are:

• Thermador Pro Grand All Gas with Griddle
  • Bluestar RNB Series Range with Griddle ( Not Platinum)
  • Wolf All-Gas with Griddle

The key things I'm getting "overwhelmed" with during my research are:

• BTU's: How much is overkill? Are the Wolf's all gas at 15K BTU under powered? Do I really need 22K BTU's?
  • Electronics vs No electronics? Thermador's bells and whistles sound awesome, but are those going to be a problem down the road? Does the wifi stink or does it work great?
  • Bluestars open burners compared to Thermador's star burner? Thoughts?
  • Bluestar owners-Do the doors still get super hot?

I thought when the time came to make a decision I'd know what I wanted-Now, I'm feeling terrified that I'm going to make the wrong (expensive) choice. I kind of wish I didn't go down this rabbit hole, but it's too late to turn back now! Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance :-)

Comments (34)