SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

Roses on Dr. Huey more prone to disease??

KnoxRose z7
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello all!

I've been wondering something lately due to some observations I've made of my own roses, and from a couple of random comments I've read on threads scattered throughout these boards... Are roses that are grafted on to Dr. Huey more prone to disease than own root roses, or roses grafted onto other rootstocks? I can't tell if the roses I have in question are just going to be disease prone no matter what, or if being grafted on the Dr. Is aggravating the issue..

Also, are all bare root plants that come directly from David Austin grafted onto Dr. Huey or do they use a variety of stocks?

I have a grafted golden celebration that gets so large and blooms so beautifully in the spring, but by June it's half naked, the rest of it is covered in BS and looking terrible.. I love it's blooms so much I bought a 1 gallon own root plant last year, and I can't tell if it is just due to the fact that this new one is in a pot & not in the garden, but I swear it fares better than the huge grafted plant I have in terms of resistance...

Comments (5)