SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Win 10 and trying to get photos off the IPhone??

jane__ny
8 years ago

With XP I would plug in my phone to the computer and it would show up in the 'My Computer' folder as a drive. I could double click the IPhone and up would come all the photos on the phone. I could copy what I wanted to my computer.

Now with Win 10 when I plug in the phone (same iphone), up pops pages of photos with check marks, tons of photos I do not want. I click 'clear' to uncheck all the zillions of photos.

I have no idea where this screen comes from. I assume its some sort of Windows photo program but once I uncheck the zillion photos, I can't figure out how to get to the pictures on the phone.There is no way to copy them.

When I go to 'My PC' I see the Iphone but when I double click all I get is the storage on the phone. I want to copy photos off the phone but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get them! I have spent hours trying all sorts of things.

I just don't get what Windows is doing. What the heck? I could always plug in the phone or a flash card and copy photos. Now I get all these screwy screens without my photos.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate Windows 10 and no matter how I try to figure out how to use it, it seems sooo frustrating. I just want to copy photos from my phone or flash card without this stupid screen popping up. How do I get to my drive or is that not possible anymore. Hours spent trying to figure out this stupid Win 10 and getting nowhere!

Jane

Comments (8)