Waiting to hear from colleges?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (21)
Related Discussions
Waiting to hear from Kylie
Comments (8)Hey!!! I am finally home! Thanks for checkin on me.. I really appreciate that! I was taking care of my Mom she had to go to the Hospital.. She is fine now.. I did redo her porch while I was there.. I will try to get some pic's up.. I sure hope everyone is doing alright.. Ya'll be safe and have a a Great Holiday weekend!! Kylie...See MoreQuestion about SD moving with mother out of state
Comments (7)Yes, the mom has paid support, not on time or in full most times but after they attached last years income tax, we are now up to date. It is a small amount, we pay for health insurance. She is responsible for very little. We had custody of the 3 children, 1 is moved out on her own, she is in her 20's, the other is going to college here but will transfer to the new state. So, the last one is the youngest minor. SD has not said alot about the move, it has been a well kept secret. She did say that she wants to experience life and see different places. SD is very well adjusted, well liked at school and a top honor student. But she is close to her mom and I would imagine that she feels very very torn about this. I would like DH to talk to her when it actually becomes a reality and tell her that 2 years will fly by and she can apply to colleges there. this may sound petty, but I hope their house doesn't sell before the fall so SD will not have to make a decision. She has made it very clear to us that if this does not happen in the next 5 months and the move happens during the summer, she will not move if she starts her junior year, she will finish her jr and sr year here. That would pretty much solve this whole mess. Bio's DH will not make more money, he will be closing the doors to his business and I guess find a job/business to go to. Bio mom will work 20 hrs a week I assume and attend this program. She has attended 3 schools in 5 years and has not gotten very far, she flunks many of her classes so I have no hopes that she will actually complete this process. I don't know, I am a rambling kind of mood today. I think this is a selfish decision to make at this point. This education could be attained here and she could wait until her youngest is 18 and go where ever she pleases, she is causing a tremendous amount of unhevel and there is no home, job, family she is going to... just the acceptance into a community college? Who does that? And don't drag your kids along, wait until you are settled yourself. Who is going to support them and my SD? Our child support? Beginning to look that way. We will subpeona her payroll records if this actually happens and our arguement will be that she is leaving a good paying job, so we should not have to pay more because of that....See MoreWait till you hear this...good news!
Comments (21)Angelo Menna - (845) 469-8606 Please tell him it's from Melinda Koss. I live in Rockland, he lives in Orange. Will go to Westchester (asked him today). He's fantastic. As I mentioned, he built my house 11 years ago and we were happy then too. The house was being built as a spec house and was mostly done when we got involved in it. He saw that I was 100 months pregnant and had a 2 year old running around the back yard one day and said "I gotta build you guys a fence". The house is on a hill. Didn't charge us. We were thrilled when he agreed to do this job. An update - I sold the old kitchen via Craig's List. Sunday theis guy came over to see it and gave us a deposit, but said he needs the kitchen by Thursday. After speaking to Angelo yesterday morning, he sent his main guy to my house today and the two of them demo'd my kitchen. It's all sitting in my garage waiting to be picked up. Everything came out in great condition. That's a lot of service. Now I have no kitchen - weeks before the cabinets are due in - oy! Anyone want us to come for dinner??? :)...See MoreWaiting, Waiting, Waiting.
Comments (28)Chisue, we have 3 grandsons, and I suspect this one is the caboose. Girls are scarcer in our family these days. My sibs and I had 6 boys and 2 girls. I was raised in a family of 3 girls and 1 boy, as was my mother. How my father would have loved all these great grandsons if he had lived to see them. Some boys to cheer for the Cubs or Cardinals with him....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESCool Wallpaper Spotted: Wait, No It's Fabric!
Woodsy-modern pattern adds whimsy and color to a baby-friendly bathroom
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘It’s Important to Wait’ and More Houzz Quotables
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESThe Case for Waiting to Remodel
We know, you're excited to make your home match your vision. But your vision may change once you've lived there awhile
Full Story
SMALL SPACESDesign Lessons From Tiny Homes
Microspaces in a Phoenix exhibition abound in innovative ideas we can all use
Full Story
APARTMENTSMy Houzz: Vintage Whimsy in a College Apartment in New Orleans
A graphic design student fills her first rental with childhood mementos, consignment store finds and budget-friendly DIY style
Full Story
Designs on College Bowl Games
Get ready for the national championship with a look at the year's best teams, and some home architecture to match
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEWhat Really Makes Us Happy at Home? Find Out From a New Houzz Survey
Great design has a powerful impact on our happiness in our homes. So do good cooking smells, family conversations and, yes, big-screen TVs
Full Story
HOUZZ TVHouzz TV: See a Funky Beach Home Made From Old Streetcars
A bold color palette zaps life into a Santa Cruz, California, home built out of two streetcars from the early 1920s
Full Story
FUN HOUZZDon’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story
HEALTHY HOME6 Tips From a Nearly Zero-Waste Home
Lower your trash output and increase your quality of life with these ideas from a mom who did it to the max
Full Story
Chi