SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autogrillespaypal

Help! Need to pick a different gray color for outside of house!

I am building right now and the main color is Hardie Boothbay blue. The trim is an off-white (called linen). The secondary color right now is a very light silver (called silver gray). The unfinished areas will be stone (the second pic below shows the stone I am using on the same color blue I have....the only difference is the trim is white).

I'm not liking the silver gray because it's too light. It's only two shades darker than my trim and the silver color looks white in the sun. I am thinking I should have went one or two shades darker with the gray to a medium gray that is more of a pure gray. I obviously can't go to a dark gray as it will clash with my blue.

There is also a chance I change my trim to white. I just think it would all "pop" more. That being said, I'm not sure how much I'm liking the white next to the stone because of how light the stone is.

Any advice? I am thinking it might be best to paint the gray areas and then re-assess regarding the trim after. It's possible the trim will look better to me when it's not hidden in the silver gray. Thanks.

Comments (11)