Funny story/what would you do-- crowded restaurant
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (55)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Funny Story True Story..
Comments (2)Oh NO! That doesn't sound very funny to me. That sucks.Have you heard from Verizon yet? I hate calling them. I have wasted so many hours of my life on the phone with those guys. Their fav thing to do is transfer you cause nobody ever knows anything. Guess the good news is you got your roomate to help you do something. Mine's worthless....See MoreA funny story by David McClure
Comments (3)So well written! Thanks for the fun story....See MoreDo you have a funny or awkward Christmas present story?
Comments (28)I have one that is more strange than funny, but appropriate for a decorating forum. Many years ago, just before Christmas, my BIL and his wife remodeled their kitchen, using apples as a theme--dark red and forest green colors. My MIL called and told me that for Christmas she and FIL were buying BIL/SIL new dishes, to match their new kitchen. She described the dishes as having apples painted on them, with a dark green edge band. Then she said, "And we'd like to get you new dishes, too." I was thrilled, because I'd been thinking of buying a new set of dishes to replace our old odds-and-ends, but hadn't wanted to spend the money. I told my MIL this, and thanked her, and mentioned that either a cream color, or a light sage green would look good in my kitchen. MIL: "No, we're getting you the same dishes, with apples on them, because that's what FIL likes." Me: "But, we don't have anything with apples on it in our kitchen, and really, nothing red or forest green." (The kitchen had no theme--it was neutral with cream and tan, and some light blue-green vintage pottery.) MIL: "Well, that's what we're getting you, and I'm sure they'll be just fine." Me: "Um, OK, thank you. That's really nice of you." On Christmas I opened the package, thanked the in-laws again, then used the hated apple dishes for about a year and a half. One day when the in-laws showed up for family dinner, I put out my brand new cream and sage dishes, that I'd finally bought for myself, without saying a word. Neither of them ever mentioned my new dishes. I love my FIL and my late MIL, and that was so out of character for them, it still puzzles me. BTW, I packed away the apple dishes, until just recently, when my DD needed dishes for her new place. She was happy to see the familiar pattern, especially since the dishes came from her grandparents. :)...See MoreSpin off from the Crowded restaurant thread...
Comments (33)I don't like to eat at the kind of places where they don't clean the booths. You can usually tell whether it's clean or not, including the crack. Same for the underside of the table. And don't get me started on the menus! It's just a ewww factor. It's unlikely to be damaging, diseased dirt, but if they can't keep the dining room clean, what does that say about the kitchen? I like booths, however. A lot of the chairs in restaurants are chosen for price rather than comfort, and a lot of them don't sit well. This also helps them turn tables, of course, but I hate having a ridge pressing into my thigh, or a back that leans forward to "hug" me, or any of that kind of thing. If it's a comfortable chair, I prefer it. Otherwise, I'm glad of a booth if it's well designed, clean and in good repair. (I should mention that I had a table in my dining room for three years before I found chairs. I'm very picky about chairs in general.)...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEYou Said It: ‘Yikes, Tough Crowd’ and Other Quotes of the Week
Some of our favorite quotes this week came straight from the Comments section. See the stories and have your own say
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES15 Home Ideas Fit for a Crowd
Spend less time corralling chaos and more time enjoying family togetherness with this advice from someone who's been there
Full Story
LIFEIs Cabin Fever Real? Share Your Story
Are snow piles across the U.S. leading to masses of irritability and boredom? We want to hear your experience
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNSoapstone Counters: A Love Story
Love means accepting — maybe even celebrating — imperfections. See if soapstone’s assets and imperfections will work for you
Full Story
ARTArt in Motion: The Story Behind Mobiles
Mobiles started as wind chimes, and Calder put them on the map as an art form. Here's what they are and where they're going now
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHouzz Call: Share Your Personal Holiday Traditions
What winter rituals mean the most to you and yours? Post your stories and pictures
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘Slow Down and Recharge’ and More Houzz Quotables
Small spaces stood out during a week of stories celebrating different lifestyles at home
Full Story
ENTERTAININGGuess Who’s Coming to Dinner: The Rise of Supper Clubs
Would you invite strangers into your home for a meal? We visit cooks in London, Rome and Stockholm who are doing this and we get the story
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGHouzz Call: What Have You Salvaged for Home Use?
If your floors, furniture, exterior materials or other home elements have a past life, we'd like to hear the story
Full StorySponsored
OklaMoni