SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephane1030

Seedlings from starting kit tray/dome/heat pad

Hello everybody.

First I would like to say how glad I am to have found this forum. Long story short, I'm a webdesigner working from now and I was looking for something to entertain myself when taking breaks from the computer and so I decided to get myself into gardening.

As this was all new to me, I decided to buy a starting kit tray with a 7" dome and a heating pad. Then watched a few videos on how to sow seeds.

All I needed then was to figure out what to sow and thats how I found the adenium. So I bought some seeds on Ebay and started sowing them about 5 days ago. Now that they finally sprouted, I want to be sure I keep doing what is good for them.

I still have the heating pad on constantly, and the temperature is kept at around 84 degrees. The tray gets full sun during the day.

I used groban cubes as my medium and they are keeping moisture. I water the bottom of the tray to keep the moisture going every 2 days. Just a little bit of water. I am not watering the seedlings themselves anymore because the cubes are pretty humid.

It is gonna be a week soon and not sure what to do at this point. Should I take the dome off? What about the heating pad? Should I turn it off?

Any pointers for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Here is a picture. It is nothing like you guys but its my first try so I am proud of myself hehe

Thank you

Stephane

Comments (75)