SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

OT: Pretend you're moving into a new (to you) home ...

IdaClaire
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

What sort of written information would you find helpful to have from the previous owner?

I'm putting together information for my home buyer, and some of the items are obvious to me. She'll need to know the days to put out trash/recycling, and it should be helpful to have email addresses and phone numbers for local utilities, as well as information on certain permit requirements (i.e., our police department requires that all monitored security systems be permitted annually). I've included a list (with addresses and phone numbers) of the closest drugstores, grocery stores, hardware store, and restaurants, public library and post office branches. I've included information on where to go online to change address on a driver's license and info on the tax assessor's office. Beyond that, I'm drawing a blank.

To the extent we still have information on any systems in the house (HVAC, etc.), we will leave that for the buyer, of course. As she is moving from a nearby city and doesn't come from far away, I am assuming she already has doctors, a vet, and all of those other providers that are usually of a very personal nature, and I'm certainly not going to offer suggestions in that regard.

Can you think of anything I've not covered that you believe would be helpful? She's been so lovely to work with thus far, and I'd like to make her transition as smooth as possible.

Comments (45)