SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty_gw

Moving into new home, new at lanscaping

chloenkitty
10 years ago

Hello everyone. I live in northeast, PA and am building a home on 5 acres that has a lot of tall pine trees.I am attaching a picture of what I'd like to do and would like suggestions as I am quite the novice to this. I will also post below a picture of the actual property. My husband and I recently cleared the small trees and brush and the bottom, dead branches off the pine trees. Does anyone know what kind of pines these are (in the next photo of our actual property?) I'm assuming since there are a lot of pine trees, I will never have grass, so I would like to mulch I guess like in the first inspiration photo. The question is will the azaleas, mountain laurel (I think there is another name for this too) and the other plant all do well in shade? Also, it just hit me that I bet we run into problems trying to plant them because of the tree roots. Is this design a possibility for us? I'd like to attempt it ourselves because the build itself is so costly. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I also love hydrangeas, they are my favorite. I'm guessing they need more sun so perhaps I can put those along the areas of the house that get sun. I appreciate any words of wisdom as I am very much the novice. Thank you.

Comments (11)