SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cece673

Final Cabinet Decision: Fabuwood vs Conestoga. Please Weigh In.

cece673
8 years ago

Hi guys, you have all helped me immeasurably with my kitchen plan. See picture. I am now at the point where I have to choose my cabinetry ASAP.

There's a local store that carries a line called Fabuwood. They are family owned (from NJ), but it is my understanding that they source their wood from China. Otherwise, the cabinet is all wood, no particleboard, dovetail/soft close drawers, etc. That quote is for $6700 + $225 for shipping + 6% tax = $7300. They come fully assembled.

Now Conestoga makes a RTA cabinet that I have heard only good things about. They can customize their cabinets down to a 1/16th of an inch for no added cost. Also no particleboard, all wood, dovetail/soft close. American made. Their quote is $6800. No shipping. No tax. We would have to assemble them.

I guess I just want to hear your opinions on this. Specs are similar except Fabuwood is partly made in China, which I'm not sure I feel great about. Also a little more expensive. They do come assembled though, and the local store can hold them for us until we're ready for them (we are doing a full home, gut reno, so this would be useful given that we don't know 100% when the cabinets will be going in). Conestoga will be assembled by us in the house and the cabinets might be sitting around for a while. Not sure how that will work if they have to do work in the room the cabinets are in.

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

Comments (20)