SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Layout for a small master bath?

8 years ago

I will soon have to gut my master bathroom. The pipes from the 1950s are getting slow from buildup and the drains are pretty bad as well. The original master bath was partially remodeled by the previous owners to make it more friendly for an invalid which involved replacing the shower with a tub and I don't know what else (but I've been using a bathroom with a floor that is half awesome 50s tile and half peel'n'stick vinyl (over old shower mortar that was apparently too hard to remove). Anyway we knew it would need redoing when we bought it...

Above this bathroom (on the drawing) is the tub in another bathroom. While the master bath is gutted, I want to replace the plumbing on that tub/shower without messing up its tile.

The window can probably move. It's a replacement window and not especially nice but it's not in a visible location on the exterior so I don't care if it stays. Obviously it would speed up the project to leave it.

The door can't move due to a closet and built-in dressing area on the other side.

One story house on a crawl space. Heat register is on the floor and could be moved pretty easily. A ceiling fan would be a nice upgrade, and electrical would be updated while we're doing this.

Currently there is vanity along the left (exterior, with unlabeled window) wall, tub along the right with cubbies on the bottom right, and the toilet is on the top wall right there in the middle. I'm not sure what the little 4" bump in the top wall is from; we think there was another door on the right side connecting to the main hallway. (Still doesn't explain it.)

Any ideas on how to lay this out with a shower instead of a tub and the toilet not quite so in the way? Shower upper right, toilet lower right, vanity stays on left wall?

Thanks!

Comments (7)