What Gift Did You Get for Graduation?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (44)
Related Discussions
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
Comments (4)We eloped and there were no parents to give us gifts. My parents were dead, and his parents did not even bother to raise him. We have two married children. We gave our daughter a large wedding, and I think that was it. His parents gave them a lovely rehearsal dinner and an island honeymoon. We gave our son his wedding and a check to use to buy a house some day instead of a honeymoon. Originally, the check was for the honeymoon they decided against as they priced houses in the area....See MoreWhat kind of a gift would you get?
Comments (37)Etsy has some nice gift ideas such as monogrammed stethoscope ID tags, RN charms, fun personalized nurse travel mug (you could tuck a refillable Starbucks card in there for long shifts), university nurse pins (have the school's name, graduation date, and RN), personalized stethoscope covers, fancy retractable badge holders, heartbeat necklace, etc. If you decide to do the group photo bring to the party an oversized mat that the guests can sign. What about a nursing care package containing things such as some good hand cream, some foot soak, a Starbucks gift card, high protein snacks that could fit in a pocket, a personalized water bottle or travel mug, nice travel size hand sanitizer, chapstick, bottle of wine for after a hard shift, a stress ball, fun lanyard or badge holder (depending on what her employer prefers), massage gift certificate, etc. I'm not a nurse so I looked on Reddit for suggestions from threads about this topic....See MoreGraduation gifts
Comments (27)I honestly don't remember what we gave our son for HS graduation - I'm sure there was a gift. DD got some antique diamond/pearl drop earrings which she wore with her long white graduation dress (private school). One set of grandparents gave her an Apple computer - the old all-in-one with the little black/wht screen - it was 1990. College? DS desperately wanted a particular watch from his father and a custom made signet ring from us; he got both. DD got an antique silver wine cooler, a small 60" love seat for a first apt, and I upholstered two small wing chairs for her (yes, I DID do the upholstery myself!) first apt as well. DGS is graduating this June and his birthday was in early April. I will be buying him a laptop for college when he gets there - better prices through the campus bookstore. This is for both his 18th Bday and graduation....See MoreGraduation gift for GD
Comments (12)I just wanted to say I'm going half-wit already with two graduations (both DD and DS) and two birthdays real close to graduations..I spent so much already and still not fully satisfied lol, and not sure they will be but your GD is younger. was easier a bit back then.. I'd vote a) jewelry b) interesting watch (I still keep my first pendant. And I wore my first watch for years until was beyond repair. Of course depends on a person..) It can be some fabulous book/s, yes-again depends on her interests I drag some books I got as a teen still with me...three countries, back and forth.. I'm very sentimental though, and I love books. She might be like me-then it's gift for life, even more so than jewelry Can be art too.. Can be special personalized..I don't know, quilt? Can be a toy..aha:) Again, depends. I slept with beloved soft toys until I got married( well, boys and soft toys..I didn't see much contradiction at that age lol) I still have them. My DD "borrowed" my favorite teddy bear (the only thing me and my ex were able to afford from Harrods lol..so his name is Harrods) and it lives in her room for years already, and she comes with her boyfriend often, and Harrods doesn't get banned either..from what I can judge.. oh wow. I went completely OT. sorry. as I said I'm not at the top of my mental capacities. I agree girls are easier..generally speaking College fund can be a great idea too. Smth small plus college fund contribution. (I did find smth hopefully meaningful for my son-we'll see how it goes..can't attest to its meaningfulness yet. )...See More- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years agoMarilyn Sue thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

MOST POPULAR5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
ARTShow News: Rare Quilts Get Museum Time
See 6 intricate designs from a California exhibition and get tips for building your own quilt collection
Full Story
HOUSEPLANTSHow to Grow Orchids Indoors
Orchids are the exotic aristocrats of the flower world and can make themselves comfortable in almost any home
Full Story
LIFEThe Polite House: How Can I Kindly Get Party Guests to Use Coasters?
Here’s how to handle the age-old entertaining conundrum to protect your furniture — and friendships
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: A Bland Condo Gets Color and Personality
Flea market treasures and hints of vivid hues turn a nondescript pad into a stylish urban retreat
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘We Get the House a Present’ and Other Quotes of the Week
A Dublin fashion designer’s unique home, lazy bees, ‘The Birds,’ a steampunk cat system and more quirky sightings around Houzz this week
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESA Mom, a Garden and a Gift for the Neighbors
Gardening can be therapeutic in unexpected ways. See how one gardener found peace and purpose in a patch of Florida soil
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGGet It Done: Store Decorations and Tidy Up Postholidays
Move on to New Year's with a clear conscience, knowing you've recycled thoughtfully and packed carefully to make setup next year easy
Full Story
Guest Picks: Gifts for Bicycle Fans
Get your holiday shopping in gear with cycling-celebrating artwork, bedding, lighting and more
Full Story
LIGHTING10 Ways to Get Your Lighting Right
Learn how to layer table lamps, floor lamps and overhead fixtures to get the lighting you need and the mood you want
Full Story
Texas_Gem