SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rotwein9

Custom Paneled Family Room - Need Advice

Miramont Manor
8 years ago

Need direction pulling this tricky, dark family room together, and translating into a family friendly but elegant space. We use the room for watching television with the teen-aged kids, hanging out together and entertaining. The custom wood paneling is nice, but tricky to work with color-wise for me. The room is 17'x14', and it's surrounded by the paneling shown.

It needs a direction - giving it a look, pulling together colors for window treatments, artwork, fireplace, and flooring. My goal is comfortable elegance. We just put in the custom ivory leather sectional from LazyBoy. The balance now feels a bit off, the color or scale? I am very open to all advice, I don't want to ruin this room and feel confused by it... Many thanks in advance for design input.

Here's an inspiration picture from how it was staged by the seller's interior design firm, which I've been trying to go by...it's a professional photo, so looks much nicer. The staging setup didn't accommodate everyone for sitting around as a family.

Thanks again for your consideration...

Comments (17)