SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

BRRRRR.... gonna be cold the next couple of days

User
8 years ago

It's only 38 degrees here right now as 12:12 pm, so I checked Accuweather and it says it's going down into the 20s tonight. I was trying hard not to have to pick the remaining Early Girl tomatoes on my one bush, but figured they are going to freeze if I don't, so they are now in the window, hopefully ripening. I'll eat the smaller ones as fried green tomatoes, but the larger ones I'll let ripen, since they had started to turn. I have two that I picked last week that are just getting good and ripe in the window, so I'm having tomato sandwiches with my potato soup today.

I didn't see any damage on anything until yesterday, when I noticed some on the giant colocasia elephant ear and on the banana tree. I really need to go gather moss and pile it up around things, but it's going to be so cold today, I may just cover them with leaves and pots and pray for the best. My tiny living room is full to the brim with plants brought in from the cold. There is literally no more room, so everything else has to take its chances outside.

I'm counting my blessings that I'm not in the blizzard zone. Hearing horror stories from those who still have electricity, and worried about those I'm not hearing from.

Comments (31)