SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noraredden

2 quotes for kitchen cabinetry and can't decide

someday soon
8 years ago

2 great cabinet makers:

Quote 1 -supply and install kitchen and bathroom cabinets with melamine construction, Upper cabinets are 48' high with a top valance, cabinets along the sink wall will be 30-36" deep to accept commercial sink., kitchen cabinets are shaker door and drawer fronts in a white lacquer finish and island a charcoal finish. Hardware are soft close slides and hinges no countertops in kitchen ( supplied by others) supply plywood top for island for SS top (supplied by others)

Bathroom and closet cabinets are white thermafoil with rolled under wrap counter tops and standard drawer slides

$21000

Quote #2

Same as above but with maple cupboards in kitchen only. PVC / thermafoil in bathrooms and ensuite. All soft close.

No walk in closet cabinetry. Hardware NOT included.

$15800

Can I get hardware and a walk in closet for the difference in price. Quote 2 doesn't do closets or melamine and don't recommend melamine.

Quote 1 has the walk in closet cabinetry included more colour choice, has melamine, has hardware included, and it looks like he has counter tops in the bathrooms thrown in there but Ill have to double check on that.

I don't think I have a preference in wood VS melamine in the kitchen. I held samples of both in my hand and really didn't see much difference.

Thoughts??

Comment (1)