SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peakdog

Kitchen countertop? Can't decide what to do, I am at my wit's end!

PeakDog
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello!! I am in such conflict over this decision! A little background: We are purchased a 1994 mountain home in a ski town and are completely remodeling it (what were we thinking!?!) We are trying to keep it a bit "mountainy" with a touch of modern - overall a transitional look. We will have a patina steel hood and our fireplace will have stone with steel panels. There are stained timbers and we will have a stained mantle. We are stripping the trim and will have painted trim going forward.

One of my biggest conflicts is with the kitchen countertop - I chose to do a wood stained cabinet that is grayish brown to keep with a more mountain approach. The granite I am looking it is Azul Celeste which is pretty busy and the Quartzite is Perla Venata (both a polished and a leathered) which seems a safer choice. Perhaps neither are right!! The kitchen completely opens up to the great room so definitely need it all to work together! I am wanting the fireplace stone and countertop stone to look ok together.

Colors in photos are off (cabinet looks a bit orange but I assure you it isn't!)

Would love some feedback / opinions...sigh.....

Lots of pictures to follow!

Azul Celeste

Azul Celeste

Azul Celeste - Dark cabinet going elsewhere in the house...

Perla Venata polished with stone for fireplace. All looks a bit "orangy" in the photo - it is more muted than it appears.

Perla Venata polished with stone for fireplace

Perla Venata polished - wood tile is actually for a bathroom...

Perla Venata leathered with stone for fireplace

Polished and leathered in same shot

Fireplace stone and small steel sample that will be on the fireplace wall and will be kitchen hood

BEFORE:

Great room pre demo!

BEFORE kitchen ...OUCH!

My Photoshop concept of what the great room will look like when done!

Comments (116)