SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

WANTED: The Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe from Oceanspray

petalique
8 years ago

It used to be on the back of the ever-shrinking size bag of cranberries. I'd copied it down on an index card and altered the recipe so that I could get MACRO BURSTS of cranberry and toasted hazelnuts.

Now, boo hoo, I cannot locate the (well-stained, dog-eared recipe card with the original recipe and my changes. The link for oceanspray dot com as well as the 'food*' site doesn't open for me. My PC just spins and spins that little icon.

Anyone have that original Ocean Spray cranberry nut bread with orange recipe? I'll mail you a virtual slice of my rendition.

IIRC, I used a Cup (whatever called for) of the fresh cranberries, but after washing them, cut each c'berry in half. This takes time, but it's worth every halved cranberry.

I roasted about a Cup of whole hazelnuts (filberts) in a dry, 10" cast iron skillet, taking care not to scorch a one. Blow away any tough half moon like membrane as well as some of the husks (I leave some for fiber). Only coarsely chop these (10" chef's knife or cleaver).

I remember that I used the pulp of a fresh orange, the juice and also about 2 teaspoons of the washed rind -- finely grated.

I might have added a little bit of fresh wheat germ.

Sprinkle the top (if you feel naughty) with some baker's sugar (or not). Baked until done in a regular sized loaf pan. Try to wait until it has set up cooled before slicing (but this cook has been found cheating in this regard). The baked cranberry halves are great and takes this quick bread beyond the ho hum level.

I hope you gw cooks can find your copy or access it from the Ocean Spray link.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor