SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Off Topic, but need advice

mamapinky0
8 years ago

Yesterday my 8 year old arrived at school and on his way to class tripped over another boys feet, he fell banging his ankle on a post and twisting it at the same time..he limped into class and told the teacher what happened she said let me know later how your feeling, after lunch he went back to the teacher telling her his ankle hurt pretty bad, she told him its just 3 more hours until you leave, Tim being very shy took his seat...a little info on Tim..he's in 2'nd grade only ever went to the teacher or nurse 3 times in almost 3 years, is in gifted classes, has outstanding behavior, and is very shy. So his personality nor his history is that of a child with frequent excuses of illness or injury....when he arrived home with a swollen and painful ankle and told me what happened I of course felt it should be looked at. I expected a sprain..but he broke the growth plate in his ankle which can be more serious than a simple break. He came home with a cast and orders that we are to call a ortho Monday to have this addressed, in the meantime no weight bearing at all. By the way the teacher never looked at his foot. I am outraged at this teachers actions..he should have been sent to the nurse and a call made to me..any child I don't care if they have a history of complaints or not should be taken serious on issues they report. Last year I had an issue. The nurse called saying Tim seen her at lunch time and wanted grandma to come get him he had a headach and didn't feel well..the nurse refused to call me but must have thought about it and called when Tim was on the bus on his ws y home..when he arrived home very ill I took him from the bus stop straight to Urgi care where he had a seizure. His temp was close to 105 he was loaded with strep throat and swollen so badly he was admitted to hospital....now I'm wondering what the heck I should do/say to this teacher and the school I have to be proactive for my kid but I also know it could make things hard for him at school...any advice? Thank you

Comments (62)

• vetwife1998
    8 years ago

mamapinky. I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. I agree 100% with hmorton's observations and advice. Please keep us posted on the outcomes with the school/district.

mamapinky0 thanked vetwife1998
  • vetwife1998
    8 years ago

Additionally, a cursory search online of the school's and district's website should arm you with information with regard to policies for illness/injury.

mamapinky0 thanked vetwife1998
  • Related Discussions

Off Topic - I need help

Q

Comments (9)
    Hi Sharon~ I know someone reputable that will deliver your car vehicle privately. Send me an e-mail if you are interested. Hope you like Connetticut. If you know someone who would like to return Megan's grandmother's clay pot, the private driver could coordinate that with with transport of your vehicle, and that would truly be a becautiful thing. Good to hear from you, will miss you at the garden sales and swaps : ) Best of luck, m
    ...See More

I need advise - Off topic

Q

Comments (7)
    Why do you think a bad company is trying to ruin your credit score? You're so sketchy on details that it's impossible to give you specific advice that might necessarily be helpful. You don't have to name the company, but you need to provide some info. How could anything happen to make it worse? You're not using your real name on this forum.
    ...See More

Off Topic, Need Paint Color Suggestions for a Bedroom

Q

Comments (8)
    Okay, let's give this a whirl again! What color paint for the walls with this bedding / rug / bed This is the rug for their room I picked up at Target (carpet is a cream/warm white) This is the bedding...just brighter pink comforters and bright colored Ralph Lauren toss pillows (the green is brighter than this picture shows) And this is their bed...more of a cream, cottage-y look in my opinion. They are currently stacked as bunk beds but trying to find a way to organize their closet in such a way to allow me to get rid of their dresser so we can unstack their bunks and make their room look more "put together."
    ...See More

Update: A Little On Topic and A Little Off Topic

Q

Comments (10)
    I'm so sorry to here about the direction you're headed... it's not an easy path to follow. BTDT. Please remember to take care of yourself too. One thing for your DH's soothies. My DH could only have liquids but had a dairy allergy. Grainlady suggested adding Great Lakes Gelatine - Collagen Hydolysate to his fruit or meat smoothies to add protein and needed amino acids... in the green colored can. I got it thru' Amazon from whichever vendor was cheapest because it's not inexpensive.... about $18 a big can... which lasts for awhile. My best wishes for you this holiday season. Kate
    ...See More
  • beaglenc
    8 years ago

Oh! Cheryl, My heart goes out to you and little Tim. And kuddos to you for being calm. I'm not so sure I would be able to restrain my anger. There's a lot of great advice given. There is really nothing I can add. It is totally inexcusable that nothing was done for Tim until he got home, that you were not informed. You and Tim will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Please do keep us informed. Hugs to you both. Mary

mamapinky0 thanked beaglenc
  • mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I thank all of you for your great advice and well wishes..Thank You. I have decided the best course of action is to go to the teacher and talk about this. I have liked her so far this year and although this is a terriable act or should I say non act on her part, I know it wasn't done with malace...first we have a young boy that is shy and probably did not make it appear that he actually needed help, than we have this very young teacher in fact this is her first year teaching, nothing I do, filing a suit, going to her superior or screaming is going to change what has happened but its important it not happen again and I have a feeling this teacher being so young and new when she hears what has happened is going to feel terriable, she's going to feel ashamed of herself and scared of how this could affect her career, and I believe she will also feel sad that she let this child down. This will be a wake up call for her for sure and these feelings be what wakes her up to the fact that she must listen to her students when they come to her for help. I don't think she will ignore another childs request for help and that has to be the ultimate goal in this. I have emailed her a few minutes ago telling her what has happened and requesting she call and set up a time I can come to the school Tuesday and speak with her (schools closed Monday) I received a auto reply that she's on a small vacation but will review her mail Monday evening. I'm sure she will call she will be praying this stays between her and I. I probably wouldn't take this route with another teacher but this one is young and she was thoughtless, but Tim thinks the world of her, she hugs her kids goodby daily, she's always made Tim and the other kids feel special and cared for, I believe she has a uniqueness as a teacher, but this time she is going to be the student and Tim the teacher. Believe me if I thought for one second she ignored Tim for any reason other than she really thought he was ok..it wouldn't be going this way.Tim and I also had a long talk he has to tell the teacher, I'm hurt or I'm sick and I need my grandma. I told him if somethings wrong and you don't speak up in a way that others know you need help than you probably won't get help. He said grandma maybe my teacher thought I was ok because I didn't cry. I'll let you all know what happens, by the way Tims class mate/friend came to visit today he's in Tims class..in the fall this boy was bit by a bee which he has an allergy to this same teacher called 911 before calling the nurse..

• sandy1616
    8 years ago

I'm glad you have a plan that you feel good about. Being a parent is difficult. Please let us know how the appointment with the ortho goes. Kids heal amazingly fast. My 5 yr old broke a few bones in her foot last year and it didn't slow her down a bit. She was quite proud of her cast and the huge jump that broke her foot. Lol.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I will let you all know..Ortho can't see him until wednesday, grr...they did get a copy of his xray and said its unclear if the growth plate is broke or there's an abnormality so after our appt they will send him for a MRI. He's actually in no pain now as the cast prevents all mobility so thats good, I'm just wondering why they don't send him for the MRI before his Ortho appt since there's a wait..but I bet it has to do with insurance restrictions.

• sandy1616
    8 years ago

With Gabi the ER doc did the same, gave her a walking cast and made an appointment with the pediatric ortho for Monday as she broke it on a Saturday. The ortho took more xrays and found more breaks, different cast. Does he have a walking or hard cast?

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Its a hard plaster cast, he was given crutches and told no weight bearing. He's 8 and clumsy as heck he has a terriable time with the crutches and if we wernt at his side he would have already broke numerous bones lol. Schools out of session today and there's no way I can send him tomorrow on crutches with no arrangements made for him. He is straight A's in gifted classes so it won't hurt his grades to miss a few days, however since he's missed 5 days already this year the school requires a doctors excuse if he misses, yet I can't get him to ortho till wednesday and doctors won't back date excuses for anyone for any reason lol. I figure if its an illegal absense and they want to make an issue of it...I have bigger issues lol

• poppy214
    8 years ago

Take him to school on Tuesday with you. I bet you walk right into the principal's office. If you ask them for suggestions on how he can best attend school with the current injury, they can make the excused absence for you, no doctor required.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Brilliant. ..that will work because if I pushed it the other way they would have to make the assistable arrangements effective now, they won't want to do this unless its on their good time Thanks Poppy...grest idea.

• vetwife1998
    8 years ago

Thinking about you and your little guy this a.m. Good luck in your meeting!

• mustangs81
    8 years ago

Kudos, you are handling this better than I would! I hope all goes well today and hope that the boy recovers completely. My DGS is a shy, nerdy, redheaded boy; I always said that anyone picking on him would have to deal with Grammy!

• rococogurl
    8 years ago

Your usual good sense prevails. Will be interested to know how this develops. As long as Tim is OK that's most important.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The Teacher called yesterday morning. She appeared to be very upset at what she did and concerned about Tim. She took full responsability for what has happened and didn't try to make excuses for not having the nurse see him. In fact she offered to help pay for any out of pocket expenses, like gasoline costs ect for doctor visits..thst took me by surprise, I did decline that offer but accepted the offer of making sure Tim receives some extra time perhaps after school one day to get caught up on work missed. She said she will set up an appt with the Principle to discuss this matter and get back to me..I told her no meeting is needed that this is best handeled between her and I. She was a bit surprised at that, but consented to sitting down with me Friday to talk. I hung up feeling like I made the right decision and l believe this was a wake up call for her to pay more attention to a student with a complaint. I've given her the benefit of the doubt only because she's so new at teaching and has to date shown much care and kind attention to her students.

Ortho appt today at 1.

• poppy214
    8 years ago

That's very good of you Pinky. However, if Tim needs some special accommodation in the coming weeks, you need to be on record with the Principal to be sure the injury is documented in the school's data system. Many benefits are lost because the paperwork is incomplete. If yours or Tim's health insurance has a provision for secondary insurance, the school needs to be listed and be aware of its responsibility. Is Tim at home for the rest of the week? I don't think you want a boy on crutches on a school bus with the coming snow. We're in the heavy snow section for this storm. I hope you aren't. Good Luck.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Back from ortho, sigh, the growth plate is for sure broke. They put a cast on up to the knee ....tomorrow he goes for a CT Scan to make sure it didn't shift, if it did he will go to surgury and put it in place and insert pins..I hope this isn't the case. They gave me the doctors excuses and said they are glad I didn't try to send him. They also wrote a letter to the school requesting Tim have all the assistance he needs... a wheelchair, an adult to help him up and down and as far as the toilet ect...a van to pick him up and bring him home that will come right to the door, doc says 3 high steps getting on and off a bus will place him at risk. He said the school must comply with his orders. I have no choice but to go into the school tomorrow and talk to the Principle. I did call and leave a message but no one called back..the doctor told me to keep him home again tomorrow to give the school time to develop a plan, but I bet the school says they need till Monday. Tim is doing ok right now, when they took the other cast off he did have some minor discomfort but he's fine now...he got to choose his cast color and chose red lol. When he gave me the marker and ask me to sign he said...please sigh it Grandma and not the laundry queen..LOL. Took all my fun away.

• linus2003
    8 years ago

I have read this thread now and all that you have written, I really think you are a women of substens, with a clever mind on its shoulders. You did the right thing regarding the teacher, if I had known about the teacher my answer would have different but what you did is textbpok I think. I am glad that the teacher offered what she did and I also think you will teach her how to listn to kind even when they dont say everything, that is something you learn with age.

We now pray to the gods that he does not need surgury but as Sandy said kids do heal fast. Just be sure as poppy said that everything is documented in the proper places, as I know after my accident the paperwork and dokumentation is vital and it needs to be cept for along time to make sure if the are no complikations further down the line as he gets older.

I am so happy that he has you and you are so loving and careing for him and the rest of your family.

Giv him a hugg from me and Sweden and let us know how the Principal sees on al of this, I think it bad of them not get in touch as this very important.

Lots of love Björn

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Just got off the phone with school nurse Grr..she told me I would need to transport Tim to and from school..and get him in and out of classroom..and provide my own wheelchair..I tried to be respectful and I pretty much was..but she didn't want to even listen..finially I ask to be transfered to adminastration where of course no one was available. .I'm going in. They are clearly trying to chuck their legal responsabilities

• poppy214
    8 years ago

Got those policies on injuries from your town or county, whichever does school administration? Accommodation for students with disabilities? Check with whoever covers Tim's health insurance to see about coverage for durable medical equipment. They may cover short term rentals. Got that telephone notebook/log handy to record times, dates, to whom you spoke, and a summary from your perspective of what was discussed. I love electronic tablets and phones for this. You will need this type of documentation in the future. It is in the bureaucracy's interest to say no, it saves money. Keep those records, it will save you time and money down the road. Been there, done that, former PITA. Same goes for insurance companies that say no at first even with a doctor's letter. May you not have to utter, May I speak to your supervisor more than once. Good luck.

• Jean
    8 years ago

Wow! Just Wow! This takes things to a new level and I hope they will listen and help your Grandson in every way possible. My jaw is on the floor!

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

Did your son work with a physical therapist, who can teach him how to use crutches correctly? Too often someone without appropriate training tries to teach crutch walking and it is not effective.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'm keeping a log...I learned this a long time ago with Amiee in regards to school and insurance company. I know for a fact the school must provide for Tims needs..that also means if he can't navigate the steep steps on a bus without going up them on his butt the school must provide a handicap van to accomadate him...they are feeding the wrong person a line of BS..I put Amiee thru school with an unbelieveable amount of assistance and accomadations that needed met..it was done with no problems after they realized I knew the laws on OTHER IMPAIRMENTS. The schools recieve funding for this if a child has a learning disability..but for physical injuries they don't and they will pass it off to the family to deal with but I'm the wrong one to do that to. If they refuse to meet all of his needs while in their custody than they are refusing him an education..in which case they will see my face on the local news..it won't go this far once they realize they cant pull the wool over me

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'm going in tomorrow..they won't see me today said they are in meetings all day..gives me time to get my hair done and iron my slacks...fact is people get farther when theyare dressed to kill...LOL

• wildchild2x2
    8 years ago

I have to comment on the teacher's offer of covering expenses for gas etc.

Giving her the benefit of the doubt it may have been a sincere offer. Strictly from the heart. That is wonderful.

However in legal channels it could also be a CYB issue. Money given for "damages" can be seen by the legal system as a payoff negating the ability for future lawsuits against the party who did the damage. Even if you never intend to file a suit over a matter you never know what might happen in the future. What if the bone doesn't doesn't heal correctly for example. Even to collect from the school's insurance or your own they may require a lawsuit first. Not all lawsuits are vindictive. It's just how the system works.

I'm no lawyer but I have read cases where taking funds from someone disqualifies one from future restitution. Car accidents for example . Never accept cash at the scene.

• sandy1616
    8 years ago

Do you know yet if the break will require surgery?

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sandy not yet..were waiting for results.

Watchmelol..ya I know what you mean, but I wouldn't take her money redardless..not a chance.

• Cavimum
    8 years ago

mamapinkyo - Looks like you have handled this situation in a mature, adult, exemplary manner that is so rare in our society today. Kudos! I can assure you that the school systems appreciates it. I hope all goes well for you and Tim's broken leg, and that he has a speedy recovery. ♥♥♥

• Pat Z5or6 SEMich
    8 years ago

Mama, any new developments here? How is Tim doing?

• Pat Z5or6 SEMich
    8 years ago

Bump. Mama what is going on here? Anything new. How is Tim?

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sorry everyone...Tims doing well..no pain at all now, he's to return to school Wednesday and I finially have an appt to talk with the school tomorrow..everytime I've tried and I've even gone in I was given an excuse that they were in meetings. I was given a message that the school would like me to take him to school and pick him up but that's impossiable for me to do. Now their idea is for him to sit on the bus steps and scoot up or down on his butt and crawl to the first seat where he can pull himself up into the seat...this will NOT happen and if they have him do this to return home my foot will be buried so far up someone's 4$$ they will have to live with it there. Ill let you all know how this meeting goes tomorrow..but I suspect someone isn't going to be happy. Lol.

• beaglenc
    8 years ago

DO WHAT?!!!! Scoot and crawl!! Are they crazy? And just how "clean" is the floor of the bus? I'm no germophobe (sp), but really it looks like an illness just waiting to happen. What would they do If it was their child? If they had no way to take him and pick him up from school? I'm sure they would have him do just that,....NOT!

Our local TV stations have trouble-shooters that help out in situations like this. I would be very tempted to call on them. But then you have to consider how it would effect Tim, would they make it even harder for him or mistreat him, emotionally. I know you have all your "paperwork" in order, Let you best side shine. Good luck and God be with you. Hugs, Mary

• poppy214
    8 years ago

Oh Pinky, this is a slam dunk. Public Schools are required to provide transportation for students. The school cannot assume you have a car or your own transportation. Since your doctor has already said it is too dangerous for your grandson to ride the bus, the school cannot require him to do so without an adult to assist him on and off the bus. The bus driver should not be expected to do this, she/he has other duties that require full attention. The school could provide taxi fare for example as an alternative, but the taxi would have to pick you up first since the boy is injured and too young to ride alone. They could provide a home teacher for the time he is injured. Does your school district have an ombudsman who could help mediate the situation? I'm sure your town has a council or board of supervisors which would be sad to hear of your struggle with the school and be able to help you directly or tell you who to contact for assistance. You're right, stay strong.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Sigh...did have my meeting at the school but in the meantime Tim ended up sick with a virus temp 103 cough yada yada. So today was the first time boarding the bus. The school did set up 3 adults at the school to assist him off and a wheelchair waiting, along with a aid at school to help him..however getting him on the bus this morning was a nightmare..this child is only in 2'nd grade but he's 5ft2in and weighs 133 pounds add a cast to that weight and he just can't be carried on. The cast was banging off the lower step until I grabbed it...he hasn't the strength to get up such deep steps on crutches. The bus driver was shocked that the school even wants him on the bus rather than a van. I called his orthoa few minutes ago to have a letter faxed to school requesting the van transport him but doctors office is closed until tuesday and emergency line can't help with this...than I called the schools director of transportation and found the school never informed them a child with a cast would be on the bus...they said there are safety issues with young children riding the bus with a cast and crutches....I'll let you know this pans out..but I can't get him on the bus everyday this way.

• rococogurl
    8 years ago

This is a totally obnoxious situation. The teacher's negligence and inattention to Tim's injury may have made it more serious. This is a 7 y.o. who needs assistance. I'm sure he hates having to be transported this way as well.

If I heard one more excuse from that school I would run this right up to the mayors office. And pronto. If there's no mayoral oversight, I'd open up a case with the school board.

If I didn't get immediate cooperation, I'd speak to a lawyer or the local TV station's ombudman.

Don't know what's wrong with that school but something is wrong. They need to get their priorities straight. This is a temporary situation for them.

So sorry you have to go through this aggravation. It's enough that Tim is injured.

• poppy214
    8 years ago

Wow, that's one big boy! An adult sized boy. If the driver assisting you in getting him on the bus is female, she has a work issue in trying to pull this big boy up those steps--injury liability for your transportation authority. Even a man could have problems. Let's get that driver to work with you to get him off the bus as in, driver cant/won't continue to haul the child up the steps. If you can't get the boy to school, it doesn't matter how good the arrangements at the school are. Maybe Tim is in too much pain after the haul up the steps to attend school? Have a restful weekend.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks Roc and Poppy..the principal just called me to let me know not to call transportation that he just left a message. .well to late and telling me not to call he must be wanting to cover his butt..too bad...and the bus driver isn't even allowed to do what she did except she has developed a bond with Tim and tried to help, poor thing...I should have brought him straight home and told the school why. Adults trying to help is great but they could be hurt and Tim can be hurt. If they don't have another mode of transportation Monday...I'm not sending him and I'm talking ACTION....I'll pick him at at school today as I won't have them hurting Tim by boarding him. I also found out they have a tiny little school law/rule whatever its called..if a child can't use both feet and legs to board and unboard a public school bus they cannot ride the school bus...so I guess they are using my boy to save the money people pay out to school taxes.

• poppy214
    8 years ago

Pinky, don't forget to record those call you made and, more importantly, the call from the Principal to you. You're right CYA (cover your ...). If it became known that the official , Principal, told you not to complain, there's more grounds for that law suit. If I were you, I would make a big deal about picking him up, how unusual the circumstances, etc. You don't want the officials to get the idea that you are willing to do this on a regular basis. Isn't that what the school wanted you to do in the beginning? Roc is right, how about a call to the school board to ask why there is such a problem accommodating one young student? If your school board is elected, you have a representative already waiting for that call. If appointed, who covers the area of student accommodation or difficulties?

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I called the Director of special services..less than an hour later the principal called me to say a handicap van will bring Tim home today and will as of now be transporting him to and from school until they receive a letter from Tims doctor saying he no longer needs this service. He apoligized for the misunderstanding...which was the last straw for me.. I said there was no misunderstanding, and its a shame Tim rights to be safe were not your first priority, while in the custody of the school, but he is my first priority and I will be watching him very closely. So that's hopefully settled. The Director of sepcial services probably wasn't hsppy with what's occurred. ..he told me the school administration is to call his office and inform him of all school related injuries and ALL special need services. wonder how the principal will cover his butt..probably with more lies.

I am keeping a detailed log on everything.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Lol...the van will pick him up and drop him off at the bus stop about 100 yards from the house..hubs said he will have to go to work late and leave early..ok so solved..but the ortho got my voice mail message about sending a letter to the school and called, we just hung up..he actually wrote the letter while we chit chatted and faxed it..short but sweet saying due to an injury his patient recieved while in school Tim will need a handicap van to transport him to and from school... and he will need picked up and dropped off. ....AT OUR FRONT DOOR.

• poppy214
    8 years ago

Send a copy of that letter to the Director of Special Services you spoke with earlier. You might also include a note about the 100 yards from your door in winter weather. Lights, camera, ACTION...

• sandy1616
    8 years ago

How long will the cast be on?

• mustangs81
    8 years ago

After Tim has recovered, I hope this drama doesn't put him in a bad light with the administration, staff, and students. He's gone through enough.

• rococogurl
    8 years ago

I just went through a saga of a different sort. The other side kept giving excuses and mentioning what was wrong and apologizing etc. That's is BS pure and simple. An apology doesn't give you a free pass to not to your job.In the saga I never said thank you for one thing because why should I thank someone for doing the right thing when they haven't been. You thank them when they do it with no BS IMO.

I finally wrote that I had no interest in their "internal issues." This strikes me as the same thing. They need to transport him properly in a handi van so that he is SAFE at the door of his home. Whatever that takes is up to them to work out amongst themselves.

If they cannot work it out for a 7 year old boy then they need to resign and let the school board hire educators and administrators who can. It's just that simple.

But if anyone can handle this, pinky's the one. You go girl!!!!!

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sh! 7 is going to hit the fan...I met the handicap van at the bus stop BUT it was a mini BUS with the same set of steps..was very hard to get him down two steps on crutches but last step onto ground was much higher if he would have tried hopping down it to the ground he would be in another cast...finially Tim sat on the step covered in melted snow and mud and got out..I was fuming..and you won't believe this .....there is a wheelchair lift on this bus but when I ask about me standing beside him and holding onto him I was told we can't use the ramp/ lift unless the child's in a wheelchair. The poor driver was in a tizzy she was so upset at this ...she told me at the school they plan to put a chair on the lift strap him in the chair to get him out...fine..but I don't have that option. Tims ortho requested a handicap minivan to come to the house. I know they have them as Amiee rode it. I dang near ripped my wrist out today helping my boy...this is UNACCEPTABLE..I've kept my peace so far thru all of this but either they provide acceptable transport to and from school or I will have the local Pittsburgh news be at the bus stop as Tims boarding..I plan to tell them this Monday and since they know me they know one phone call and the news along with Senitor Don White will come running...and they know its not a threat but a promise. I worry how all this will affect how Tims treated....his school does a red light yellow light green light..green light being very well behaved...Tims had green lights since day one of kindergarden and in fact has commendations. If suddenly this changes I'll know why.

This is really pathetic...all this BS...but they are messing with the wrong By7ches cub...I know how to dress, and how to talk and how to maintain dignity. ..and I know people...to bad in the end if I have to call out the media Tims going to suffer..I have to think very carefully how I'm going to proceed. I have to protect Tim now and in the future...truely walking on egg shells.

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

I think it's time to consult legal counsel. Perhaps they would be able to make some people actually competent at their jobs.

• hcbm
    8 years ago

I believe the school maybe violating federal law and can be in very real trouble if they do not provide appropriate transportation. I am including a link http://www.greatschools.org/gk/articles/section-504-2/ to the Pa. Parent's Guide to Section 504 a federal law for students with disabilities. Though your grandson's disability is temporary I think this statute applies. In addition I would also remind the school of the American Disability Act. If they do not immediately provide him with appropriate and safe transport, contact your local and state education board and escalate to the Federal level. You will get what is best for Tim. The administration needs immediate re-education on how to handle these situations.

In NYC, public school principals sometimes try to hide incidents (even accidents) by not completing paperwork and reporting them, because they are rated (sometimes unfairly) on the number of reported issues, regardless of their cause.

Good luck! I know you will rectify this issue. I wish families did not have to have stressful situations made even more stressful unnecessarily.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Tims so happy

• beaglenc
    8 years ago

YAY!! Tim!!!

• rococogurl
    8 years ago

Take a deep breath and think it through. Then do what you need to do for Tim. Looks like he's healing well. Handsome boy.

• Jean
    8 years ago

Mama that's great! I see you in his facial features! Don't let him keep that cast! The stench in a few days will be unbearable!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor