SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

Tell about your Lammerts Roses

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I've only had four of these roses, and while these varieties currently aren't as popular as newer ones, a couple of them are among my favorites.

Queen Elizabeth Grandiflora: At one time QE was definitely the best rose I had. I had three bushes and they were the most vigorous growers I ever had and put out more basal breaks than I've ever seen on any of my roses. While the individual blooms aren't spectacular, they're pretty and put on a lovely display. I would love to duplicate these results once again.

Bewitched Hybrid Tea: I have three of these, I think my oldest one is about worn out, but so far it's hanging in there. To me Bewitched puts out what I consider a classic looking pink hybrid tea bloom, what I would think of if I didn't grow roses. It has a nice fragrance, but wish it was stronger at times. Bewitched has brought me many years of beautiful blooms.

Chrysler Imperial Hybrid Tea: I would like to say this one was one of my favorites, because I love the beautiful fragrant blooms, but mine have struggled.

Years ago I had Mirandy, I remember a beautiful dark red with an intoxicating fragrance.

Not sure why I never grew Charlotte Armstrong.

Comments (10)