SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19779803

Is there a writer's forum anywhere?

8 years ago

In a genealogy software forum we started talking about publishing our family stories. I have a list of web sites for different "how to its" of publishing a story. As in all discussions, this one got to be farther afield and more personal than we wanted to leave on the group page so we discussed off list. We're wondering if publishing a single family line would be preferable to making one story out of say each 50 years. And our discussion has now produced more options and more questions on what would be the most practical way to do it.

On demand publishing is our focus; paper and ebooks. Since we want to get our family stories out there, we weren't planning to charge more than a basic dollar amount so that more people might consider buying it. We want to use it for cousin bait and hopefully break down some brick walls.

If I made two books, one for each side of my family it would be at least 800 pages apiece. Not feasible. Even if I take out almost all of the documentation it will still be big. Unwieldy, too long for a researcher to slog through and too costly to print.

I need to find a writer's forum! There must be one. There's a forum for everything!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES