SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stebedoni

Drop in farmhouse sink? Will I hate it? Ikea Domsjo double

Steve Doni
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We're redoing our kitchen (I've posted a few plans in another thread) but we're having trouble deciding countertops/sink. We want white cabinets and are leaning towards butcherblock. We have a long 12' span of counter and were thinking of getting the Ikea Domsjo double farmhouse sink. At 37" wide it would help break up the lonnnng run of counter, and being a drop in means we wouldn't have a seam in the counter, and wouldn't need to cut a hole for an undermount sink. I'm not sure how well the edge of the cut in the butcher block would look or how difficult it would be to maintain that area of the counter that would constantly be getting wet.

Right now we have a drop in stainless, but our trash is a few feet away, so we end up wiping the counter and crumbs into the sink all the time. With this drop in farmhouse there would be absolutely no ability to just wipe off the counter into the sink because the lip is almost 1/2". We would have an 18" wide trash pull out directly to the right of the sink which would be our main prep area, but I just don't know if it will drive me crazy to not be able to wipe into the sink even though it would make more sense to wipe into the trash :) Anyone have this sink? Is it an issue at all? Here's the sink:

Comments (21)