SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edweather

Moving out of state, have questions re: RE Agents

I'm going to jump around here, and hope you can sort out a few questions. My wife and I are moving from NY to GA next summer. We are currently working with a broker in GA, and have already put an offer in on a short sale 2 weeks ago, seeing as we still have the time. I'm not thrilled with the broker, feel I don't get along that well with her. My wife found her, and she's an acquaintance of my wife's family and helped another member of our family buy a house. Are we committed to this broker in any way, and can we switch if we want to? Are we allowed to put other offers in on other short sales while we wait for an answer on this one, which could take another month? Just feels like we are doing a lot of waiting around, and could be using the time better, and my wife and I both feel this broker isn't being as responsive as we'd like.....like not returning phone calls. We know almost every house for sale that meets our needs in the area. Being from out of state, we're just not sure what our options are, and feel like our hands are tied a bit, and dealing from weakness not strength. If we see a short sale or foreclosure listed, why can't we just contact the listing agent, and go from there? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Ed

Comments (19)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional