SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mareh82

Please help with new electric dryer choice

mareh82
8 years ago

Hi. I need a new, white electric dryer. I can fit a 27"-29" wide model. I despise Whirlpool because of past experiences, but it looks like I may have to go with them. Reports of LG and Samsung ripping clothes have me wanting to stay away from them. G.E. dryers are supposed to be unusually hot, and not particularly reliable anymore. Speed Queen dryers are also supposedly too hot and too noisy(?) I do like their warranty though.
I'm concerned because the reviews for Whirlpool dryers are still so mixed. Some say the lower priced models run too hot for more delicate fabrics. I don't have a particular dollar amount I need to stay with, but I don't want to pay for a lot of bells and whistles I won't use. plus with appliances short life span, it isn't worth it to me.
Anyone recently bought a dryer they're happy with? I'm ready to tear out my hair trying to find a good prospect. Right now, I am thinking of Whirlpool WED72HEDW, partly because it has the lint trap inside the drum, instead of on top like some other models.

Comments (16)