SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
careful94109

Need help finding a quality reclining home office chair

careful94109
8 years ago

Hello Forum,

I am looking for a quality home office chair with the following characteristics:

- when I'm working at my computer desk, it should be upright like a task chair, with strong lumbar support, and adjustable height (I lean slightly forward)

- when I'm done working or want to take a break, I'd like to recline back and watch a movie on my monitor. Here I'd like a head-rest. I have a foot rest under my desk to put my feet up.

- The chair seat should be adequately cushioned (some chairs I looked at hurt my tailbone)

- Should be comfortable for long stretches of sitting

- I love leather! It should come with full grain leather, hopefully untreated so I can see the natural grains.

- should be on wheels/with swivel

- should last at least 10 years without needing to be re-upholstered.

I'm prepared to spend money if there is value in it -- e.g. 3K is fine. 4K is doable if there is a lot of value in it -- I'm going to be using this chair more than any other piece of furniture except for my bed -- but in that case I want it to last decades.

But for the life of me, I can't find anything that meets all these conditions. The really comfortable reclining chairs don't have adjustable lumbar support and don't work when I'm sitting upright. The chairs that work when I'm sitting upright don't recline that well. The chairs with good lumbar support that lean back aren't made with leather, etc. It seems I can't get all of these at the same time, even though they are all popular options.

Any ideas?

Comments (2)