SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

Really sadsack 5-1-1 question

Hello!

Well, I have a potted lemon tree that is very unhappy, and it has been needing to be repotted for ages. (This is bad, I know.) The leaves are very light green and there are many fewer than there should be. Two weeks ago I fed it with an organic boxed fert, the EB Stone for citrus, hoping to prop it up a little while I get ready to re-pot.

The fert doesn't seem to have made any difference, which could mean the roots are even unhappier than I thought. I suppose it could also mean a lot of other things. It gets plenty of light but I'm not sure it gets enough water (I am not there a lot of the time...), and the soil I bought in the first place was not meant for containers (which was in the small print but still my fault).

My question is, is it really horrible to put it into a 5-1-1 mix right away, without the 2 weeks? Or would it be better to mix the 5-1-1 and wait the 2 weeks? Besides the EB, we have the Citrustone too, and fish emulsion. Should I try the fish emulsion to see if it will strengthen it a little, while the 5-1-1 is prepared?

Sorry for this depressing question!!!

Comments (10)