SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Need help with kitchen backsplash tile "end"...

njbuilding143
8 years ago

So the tile crew came back through.. We added tile to the the master bathroom ceiling above the walk-in shower and we also had the backsplash installed.. The master bathroom came out great.. No complaints.. The backsplash for the most part came out great.. Except for the "ends".. There were sections of the backsplash that extended past the cabinets or came to the end with the cabinets and there was open wall remaining.. I am not sure who decided to, but the tile crew or the project manager decided to use this silver "end" to close in the tile.. I guess the tile we chose did not have a bullnose and they needed to "finish" it.. Well we are totally not happy with the way it came out.. First off it does not even look finished.. There are chunks of space where I feel at least grout should be, but even with that I feel there had to have been a better option for bringing the tile to an end.. Below are some pictures of how they left it.. I sent a message to the project manager and he said he will be on site this week to look at.. He was unable to go last week due to the tile crew coming in just before the holiday weekend.. Anyone have opinions on what can be done? I am assuming tile will have to be pulled off to remove the end that they used.. Also, is it just me or are the edges hacked up? I have never seen tile that chipped like that before..

Comments (6)