SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_6

Am I being targeted or scammed?

linda_6
8 years ago

Last week I received a notice that I was approved for a credit card for some kind of rewards card. It said if I didn't respond within a certain amount of time they would cancel it. I thought it was just a mass mailing, but my DH kept it just in case. Well, the other day I received another letter stating to please call because they needed more information. Again I ignored it. Now I received an actual credit card for $1,000 limit from another source. I did call them and explained that I did not sign up or fill out any form for any credit card. She said it was fraud and started checking into it. She did give me the last 4 digits of the phone number which I'm not familiar with, plus they had my birthday day and month correct but the year was different. She said they do this to make it more for them. I did call equifaix and report it, plus now i have a lock on my credit report. Plus they have a fraud report against this card which is now closed down. Who would do something like this and why would the card come to my address? I'm going to see if I receive any other suspicious mail before I report it to the local police.

Comments (8)