SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shripriya_sharma199

Paint my house pretty!

8 years ago

Hi Guys!

I just bought a house and would love your expert opinion on the paint to choose.

Please help!!!!

This is a lot of tough decisions to be made as I will be living in that kitchen literally speaking. I need to make these tough decisions before staurday as we get the painters in on monday so please i will appreciate your expertise in pulling this off. A overall view of my kitchen and home is in the below pictures. the look i'm trying to achieve should speak of elegance with sophistication, even flow between the family room, the dining area and living room and has to be a warm and cozy inviting place. Please refer the picture of my kitchen below-

the family room here-

Now that yo have a complete view of the first level - I feel i should tell you the decision to paint and change the look of my kitchen has to flow smoothly with the house color pallette.

Please note that NONE OF THE ABOVE FURNITURE IS MINE.

Below is my new sectional just as pictured which has shades of Putty, Rust Orange and carpet (pic given) which is Grey+White

The sectional and rug are the only two pieces that i have in the family room and kitchen. I'm yet to buy the table n other decor. here is what I need help with-

Kitchen - paint color and theme for the walls

Fireplace mantle - I will remove the TV nook, close the hole in the wall and mount a TV over fireplace.

What color should I stain the mantle so that it's a showstopper (white, mahogany, espresso) and should i stain / change the trim panel which is a peachy off white color. Note the floor is a white tiles.

Decor - Any expetise is welcome!

For the lighting - I will replace the fluorescent fixture with a bronze and white finish like so--

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=337229-1390-GU4482-T8-ORB&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3321268&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

I love this for the dinette - http://www.lampsplus.com/products/regina-olive-bronze-19-inch-wide-crystal-chandelier__u2231.html

Other areas of the house have recessed LED lights and kitchen is the only place that doesn't have it :(

You guys are awesome! You have opened my eyes to decor and imagination and being able to achieve that cozy lovely home come true. I trust you will walk advice me well!

Lets get started for a makeover :)

Comments (6)