SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_lu_gw

pretty up the lady.....need advice on house colors! (pics)

mary_lu_gw
15 years ago

In the past I have seen some of the wonderful advice given to others on exterior paint colors. Would you be willing to help me out?

We reshingled our home this summer and now the paint colors just don't work with it. The green trim at the eve just seems to fade away. Not really pleased with the look of the roof, but it's done and no going back. :-(

I picked up some quarts of paint last night and put some "blobs" on today. The green I bought last night just didn't look at all good. Then I got to thinking that I have always really liked the green we had used for trim and thought maybe it would look good as a body color with other colors for trim. The second color I had thought would maybe work would be a rusty brick for the siding to make the additions blend a little more and stand out less. But not too sure about that. I am somewhat leaning toward the green, for siding on the additions, creamy gold for the main trim and the rusty brick for an accent color.

I'm wondering if I am on the right track...or way off base!

The first pictures were taken during the reshingling so the turret roof is still the old shingles but the rest of the roof is new shingles. Sorry no current photo.

This shot was taken a few years ago, but shows one of the back addition.

This picture is of the "samples" I painted today on the back porch. (can't see it from the street, don't want the neighbors to think I am crazy!) On the side with the rusty brick I would use the green as the accent color for the inset screens that are dark brown now.

I am thinking that the ivory is too bright, so played around and came up with this color.

So......anyone willing to give me some suggestions? Similar colors? Totally different?

Marylu

Comments (21)