SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rinahen

Need color ideas for home exterior

Rina Henderson
8 years ago

Hi everyone... new to this board. Love looking at all the inspirational posts by everyone. We have a 1950s era ranch style home here in Southwest Florida that needs some exterior help. We recently had new windows and new roof installed and now we are ready to paint. Our house is currently a golden tan color that has served us well but am ready for a fresh new color to update the house a bit. We have been honed in on something in the greige/grayish taupe colors that will complement the roof (GAF weathered wood) and our brick accents on the front porch/planters/sidewalk trim etc. The brick has warm tones of orange/taupe/gray/browns. I'm not crazy about a true gray color for this house because to me it looks too modern and cold. My house recently has been called the "fifty shades of grey" house due to all the samples I've slathered on the exterior. I've got to make a decision this weekend. In the picture you will notice the middle part of our house is and old brick that has been painted. We have been told to keep the middle part a white or contrast color from the rest of the house. I'm stuck on 1) the right shade of greige/warm gray 2) the tone and intensity I should go on the strip (do I want it to be highly contrasted from middle part or close in color range? 3) whether to scrap the shutters or upgrade them to a new style (thinking a more simple flat panel shutter) 4) color for shutters and front wooden door. The colors that I have put up thus far are BM Sandy Hook Gray, BM Pashmina, BM Rockport Gray, Etheral Mood, Intellectual Gray, Functional Gray. They are all okay but I'm not sold for various reasons. ... too green, too purple, too gray... geesh! I feel like I have this one opportunity to pic a color that will make this old house shine! Can you please give me some ideas/direction? I'm also open to ideas on landscaping, outdoor lighting, etc.... help please! I'm wanting to put a few more colors up this weekend, so send me specific colors! I soooo appreciate your guidance!
Rina

Comment (1)