SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

sink without window? Crazy or fairly common? Inspiration pictures??

homey_bird
8 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to design a kitchen, and after taking into consideration all the constraints, one possibility to get everything else the way I want (!) is to move sink to a wall that has no windows (i.e. against an interior wall).

My architect says that there is no code requirement for the sink to be in front of a window, and that he does not think that a window needs to be in front of the sink for any purpose. Another alternative he suggested is a corner sink, but I simply do not like that idea. I feel more open to a sink without a window in front of it.

I currently have the sink in front of the window facing the backyard and morning light, and it's really nice, but for me, that is a small price to pay for getting everything else the way I want.

I wanted to check if that would be a suicide from the perspective of resale? Is this a crazy idea? An alternative is to place the sink in kitchen island. Honestly that is more unimaginable for me, since I want and need a solid block of stone to do my work in the kitchen without any hindrance, much more badly.

Any thoughts/pictures/opinions?

TIA!

Comments (27)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor